Dua For Istikhara
Istikhara Ki Dua – Dua Istikhara
The Istikhara Ki Dua is a supplication that is recited to seek Allah’s guidance when making an important decision. Here is the Istikhara Ki Dua:
“اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْتَخِيرُكَ بِعِلْمِكَ وَأَسْتَقْدِرُكَ بِقُدْرَتِكَ وَأَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ فَضْلِكَ الْعَظِيمِ فَإِنَّكَ تَقْدِرُ وَلَا أَقْدِرُ وَتَعْلَمُ وَلَا أَعْلَمُ وَأَنْتَ عَلَّامُ الْغُيُوبِ اللَّهُمَّ إِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الْأَمْرَ خَيْرٌ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي فَاقْدُرْهُ لِي وَيَسِّرْهُ لِي ثُمَّ بَارِكْ لِي فِيهِ وَإِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الْأَمْرَ شَرٌّ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي فَاصْرِفْهُ عَنِّي وَاصْرِفْنِي عَنْهُ وَاقْدُرْ لِيَ الْخَيْرَ حَيْثُ كَانَ ثُمَّ ارْضِنِي بِهِ”
The English translation of the dua is:
“O Allah, I seek Your counsel by Your knowledge and by Your power I seek strength and I ask You from Your immense favor, for verily You are able while I am not and verily You know while I do not and You are the Knower of the unseen. O Allah, if You know this affair (mention your matter here) is good for me in relation to my religion, my life, and end, then decree and facilitate it for me, and bless me with it. And if You know this affair to be ill for me towards my religion, my life, and end, then remove it from me and remove me from it, and decree for me what is good wherever it may be and make me satisfied with such.”
Istikhara Meaning – Online Istikhara – Importance of Istikhara
How To Perform Istikhara
Performing Istikhara involves the following steps:
- Perform Wudu: Make sure to perform Wudu (ablution) before you start the Istikhara prayer.
- Perform Two Rakat Nafl Prayer: After performing Wudu, offer two Rakat Nafl prayer. While praying, keep the intention of Istikhara in your heart.
- Recite Istikhara Dua: After completing the Nafl prayer, recite the Istikhara dua. The dua can be recited in any language you are comfortable with.
- Focus on the Decision: After reciting the dua, focus your mind on the decision you are seeking guidance for.
- Sleep with the Intention: It is recommended to sleep immediately after performing the Istikhara prayer with the intention of receiving guidance from Allah (SWT).
- Pay Attention to Your Dreams and Feelings: If you see a clear sign or dream related to your decision after waking up, it is a positive sign. However, even if you do not see any clear sign or dream, pay attention to your feelings and thoughts regarding the decision. Allah (SWT) may guide you through your intuition and inner feelings.
Remember, Istikhara is not a magic ritual that will automatically give you the answer to your problem. It is a means of seeking guidance from Allah (SWT), and the answer may come in a form that you may not expect. It is essential to have faith and trust in Allah’s plan and be patient with the outcome.