99 Names Of Prophet (SAW)
The names of prophets hold great significance in various religious and cultural contexts. Here are a few reasons why:
- Identification: Prophets are identified by their names, which differentiate them from other individuals. It allows people to recognize and refer to them in conversations, religious texts, and other contexts.
- Message: Many prophets are given names that are indicative of their message and purpose. For example, in Islam, the name Muhammad means “praised one,” which reflects his status as the last and most revered prophet in Islam.
- Inspiration: The names of prophets can also inspire individuals to follow in their footsteps and adopt their values and teachings.
- Respect: The names of prophets are often held in high esteem and are treated with great respect in religious and cultural contexts. Using disrespectful or derogatory names for prophets is considered a form of blasphemy in many traditions.
- Historical significance: The names of prophets are often associated with significant events in history and have been passed down through generations. This helps to preserve their legacy and teachings for future generations.
Aadil ——– The Justice
Aalim ——– The Scholar
Abdullah ——– Slave of Allah
Abu al Qaasim ——– The father of Qasim.
Abu at Tahir ——– The father of Tahir.
Abu at Tayyib ——– The father of Tayyib.
Abu Ibrahim ——– The father of Ibrahim.
Afoow ——– Forgiver.
Aheed ——– He who takes to one side.
Ahmad ——– Much praised
Ajeer ——– He who is rewarded.
Alam ul Eeman ——– The banner of faith.
Alam ul Yaqeen ——– The banner of belief.
Alamul Hudaa ——– Banner of guidance.
Aleem ——– The Knowledgeable
Ameen ——– The Honest One
An Najm-us-Saqib ——– Shining star.
Aqib ——– The Latest
Arabi ——– The Arabi
Awwal ——– The First
Ayn ul Ghurr ——– The chief of the chosen one.
Ayn un Naeem ——– The spring of blessing.
Aziz ——– The Honoured One
Baaligh ——– He who attains the elevated station.
Bar ——– Pious
Basheer ——– The Messenger of Good News
Bayan ——– Obvious words
Burhan ——– The Evidence
Bushraa ——– Giver of good tidings.
Daa ——– The Invitor
Daleel ul Khyayraat ——– To guide to virtue.
Faateh ——– The Victor
Faazil ——– Virtuous.
Faseehul Lisaan ——– The eloquent of speech.
Fatah ——– The Successor, The Opener
Ghani ——– The Rich
Gharib ——– The Poor
Ghaus ——– Succour, listener to complaints.
Ghays ——– Shower of mercy.
Ghiyaas ——– Full of succour.
Haad ——– The Leader
Habeebullah ——– Beloved of Allah.
Habieb ——– The Beloved
Hafeey ——– Very merciful.
Hafiz ——– The Guardian
Hakeem ——– The Wise
Hamid ——– The Praiser
Hamied ——– The Thankful
Haq ——– The True, The Truth
Harees-un-Alaikum ——– The Covetous for the Believers
Hashim ——– The Destroyer, The Crusher of Evil
Hashir ——– The Awakener, The Gatherer
Hashmi ——– The Hashmi
Hidayatullah ——– Gift of Allah.
Hijazi ——– The Hijazi
Hizbullah ——– Army of Allah.
Hudaa ——– Guide.
Hujjat ——– The Right Argument
Ikleel ——– Chief (of Prophets)
Imam ——– The Guide
Imamul Muttaqeen ——– Leader of the pious.
Izzul Arab ——– The honour of Arabs.
Jaami ——– Perfect.
Jabbar ——– Dominant.
Jawwad ——– The Generous
Kaaf ——– Sufficient, enough.
Kaamil ——– Perfect.
Kaashiful Kurab ——– He who solves difficulties.
Kafeel ——– Surety.
Kaleemullah ——– Who converses with Allah.
Kareem ——– The Noble
Khaleel ur Rahman ——– The freind of Compassionate.
Khalil ——– The True Friend
Khatamul anbiya ——– Seal of the Prophets.
Khatamur Rusul ——– Seal of Messengers.
Khateebul Umam ——– Sermoniser for the people.
Khatieb ——– The Sermoniser
Khatim ——– The Finalizer
Maah ——– The obliterator of Infidelity
Madani ——– The Resident of Madina
Madoow ——– Who is called.
Mahd ——– The Guided One
Mahdee ——– Who is guided.
Mahdiy ——– He Who is Well Guided
Mahmood ——– The Commendable
Makeen ——– Who is given Rank
Makeen ——– Who is given rank.
Makhsoos bil Izz ——– Chosen to be honoured.
Makhsoos bil Majd ——– Chosen to be on the right path.
Makhsoos bil Sharaf ——– Picked up as a noble.
Maloom ——– Known.
Mamoon ——– Secure.
Mansoor ——– Who is helped
Maraj ——– The Place of Ascent, The Above
Mashhood ——– He who is witnessed.
Mashkoor ——– The Thankful
Mateen ——– The Strong
Mawsool ——– Having link with Allah.
Miftaah ——– Key to the secrets.